Re: Topband: SDR-1000 info

To: Steve Ireland <sire@iinet.net.au>
Subject: Re: Topband: SDR-1000 info
From: Jason Buchanan <jsb@digistar.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 07:33:45 -0400
Steve Ireland wrote:
Forgive me for this naïve question...I've never heard of the SDR-1000,
where can one find such a beast?

For those topbanders who want to know more about the FlexRadio System
SDR-1000 160 - 6m transceiver, go to www.flex-radio.com.  The software
radio was the subject of a recent four-part QEX article, which I think you
can access from the web page.

The SDR-1000 is an amazing piece of equipment. I had a chance to listen to one of these at the TAPR DCC in Hartford CT a couple weeks ago. It was amazing. It could pull the signal out of the QRM where I could not hear any signal at all. The unit itself is about the size of a couple cigarette packs on top of each other.