Re: Topband: Potting compound for beverage transformers.

To: "Brad Rehm" <brehm@ptitest.com>,"George & Marijke Guerin" <gmguerin@voyager.net>,<topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Potting compound for beverage transformers.
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 18:39:59 -0500
> In our lab, we've used the 5-minute epoxy you can buy at Home Depot,
> etc. for small potting jobs.  We've measured very little change in Q
> or resonant frequency in the filters we've built for HF & VHF-Low
> band, so the dielectric properties are probably okay.

We use cold setting thermally conductive semi-flexible potting compounds for
commercial products, but I really prefer that spray foam insulation called
"Great Stuff"  for my own stuff.

As a matter of fact, I usually don't even enclose the circuit boards. I just
Krylon spray them, then shoot em with Great Stuff. That way I can repair
stuff later if necessary.

73 Tom