Re: Topband: mediocre beverages or K9AY loop?

To: Dave NØRQ <n0rq-1@dfwair.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: mediocre beverages or K9AY loop?
From: kb9cry@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 15:20:43 +0000
My limited experience says to put both up.  I'm able to put up a couple of 850
ft. single beverages and have a rotatable delta loop (pennant/flag) available
for receive on both 80 & 160.  My 80 ant. is a 4 square and I shunt feed the
tower for 160.  On many occasions I've seen (heard) that one antenna peforms
well and the next night or even during the course of the evening another
antenna will perform better.  One can't have too many different receiving
antennas to choose from for the lowbands.  Phil  KB9CRY