Topband: Mobile on 160

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Mobile on 160
From: Bill Turner <wrt@dslextreme.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 07:06:57 -0800
Is anyone on this group active on 160 meter mobile?  I'm thinking about
trying it out and wondering what your experiences are.

Especially:

1.  What antenna you are using now or have tried before?
2.  Typical distance you can expect day/night?
3.  Your best DX from?
4.  Noise problems; ignition, alternator or other?
5.  Frequencies?

And any other comments.

I've operated most bands mobile from 80 through 3/4 meters, but never
160.  I think it would be fun to do some experimenting with various
antenna configurations.  160 would seem to be a good band to experiment
with since any improvement should be readily apparent.

--
Bill, W6WRT