Topband: DX window

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: DX window
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 06:16:34 -0500
AA1K wrote:
>I personally feel a "window" is a waste of space and should be eliminated.

>Very few of my DX contacts in contests in recent years have been made in the "DX Window."

>I'd rather have that 5 kHz to help everyone spread out just a wee bit more to alleviate the general QRM.

        My sentiments exactly Jon...but I wonder how many microseconds it
will take for someone to say "typical East Coast comment"?  Funny thing,
I felt exactly the same way when I operated the CQ 160 from Colorado.

73, Bill W4ZV

P.S.  To K6SE, you should try tuning outside the DX Window sometime
Earl, then you would hear the JA's below 1825.  ;-)