Topband: Balun Discussions

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Balun Discussions
From: "Marijan Miletic, S56A" <s56a@bit.si>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 22:29:59 -0000
YT1NT> Even good old Terman warns that current distribution near
resonance is quite different from the one at low frequencies,
and there is only one possible reason:  standing waves on a
transmission line.

Your debate with I4JMY reminds me of Einstein relativistic theory versus
Newton laws.
Newest transmission line approach helped develop good wideband transformers.
However, it is much easier to stick to the classic LC circuits we learnt in
the school long ago.
There is also a difference of experience gained at HF or VHF including good
measuring equipment.

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU

P.S.  W2VJN page on cliks shows that even unmodified Yaesu is better then
Tentec :-)