RE: Topband: MF Anti-Podal Propagation Enhancement

To: "'a Topband eList'" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: Topband: MF Anti-Podal Propagation Enhancement
From: "Chuck Hutton" <charlesh3@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 20:09:43 -0800
Of course there is no contribution from the daylight side - that goes
without saying.

However, I would say 100% of topbanders would call their
other-side-of-the-world receptions "antipodal" and 100% know that there is
no signal via the daylight side of earth.

Now that we've gotten past the word nitpicking, what's the evidence to
discard antipodal focusing? What's the explanation for the greater signal
strengths of antipodal stations than very far away but not antipodal
stations? Is there DF data from anyone that says the incoming signal is from
a narrow range of angles?

Chuck