Re: Topband: Why no CW segment?

To: "W0UCE" <W0UCE@nc.rr.com>, <wrt@dslextreme.com>,<topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Why no CW segment?
From: "Arne Gjerning" <gjerning@flash.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 20:28:35 -0600
Instead of a 160M band plan, how about a 160M CW segment and Phone segment
similar to other amateur bands. A band plan is voluntary, whereas a segment
is set by FCC.   Since we now have 200KHz of which most NOT used except for
contests maybe this is appropriate.  When was the last time you tuned above
1.900MHz since JA now below 1.825?  The adding of 160M and 6M to radios has
allowed many hams to try these other bands without the knowledge of "band
plans" that the more serious operator knows about.

73 de Arne N7KA