Topband: New way of DXing on Topband

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: New way of DXing on Topband
From: "Ragnar Otterstad" <otterstad@enter.vg>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 18:58:10 +0200
A DX station recently told me that he received a QSL
card from a station "confirming" a QSO at a date
and time when the DX station actually worked me.
For some funny reason, I actually remembered this
other station's call from the pileup.  I'm sure it
was an honest mistake on his part.  The DX station
wanted to make sure that he didn't work this guy
and just copy down the call wrong.

Rick N6RK

---------------------

The way things are in Europe these days, with people calling like crazy -
even when the DX is working somebody else -
it can be some confusion as to who he is calling/working.  Also some DX
stations are very "stingy" with their own callsign
so you also get somebody sending on top of him asking abt the call ! All
this adds to confusion , possible misunderstanding and mistakes.

We can blame only ourselves !  Sic !

73

" RAG "  Ragnar Otterstad   LA5HE JW5HE OZ8RO

My photo website:
http://no.photos.yahoo.com/la5he

Located in Telemark - Home of skiing.
For more information about Telemark take a look at :
www.visittelemark.com     for more details.