Topband: K2GNC is alive and well

To: "Top Band" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: K2GNC is alive and well
From: "John Kaufmann" <jkaufmann@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 20:35:41 -0400
Many of you will recall my post a few months ago about the first contacts
from the US East Coast to JA on 160.  I mentioned there that Bill, K2GNC, on
Long Island was the first W1/W2/W3 station to do it in 1981.  A few days ago
I got an e-mail out of the blue from Bill's grandson, who had discovered
that post from a Google search on his grandfather's call.  He put me in
touch with Bill, who sent me the e-mail below.

When I briefed him on what's happening on 160 these days, he was astonished
to learn about the DX activity now and that the top DXCC totals are over
300!  He also told me to pass along his info in case some of you are
interested in getting in touch with him.  (Note:  I just got a followup
e-mail from him, saying his wife had just passed away, so he may be slow to
respond).

73, John W1FV