Topband: two wires Beverage

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: two wires Beverage
From: "Ryszard Tymkiewicz" <rtym@ippt.gov.pl>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 07:33:53 +0200
A few days ago I saw a discussion here about switchable-direction beverages.
Andrei RA6LBS described his antenna made from twin-lead twisted wires which
were used in military telephone systems.The similar line used in French Army
has Jacques F6BKI and in both cases the impedance was about 150 ohm.
This line is VERY STRONG and maybe its the best solution.
Since 10 years I was using two wires spaced 30cm but only during Winter time
and it was not easy to make it again every Autumn,so I'd like to try these
twisted wires.
My questions are..if anyone of you /except Andrei/ tried this kind of Beverage?
If so how it has worked comparing to a "classic" 2 wires beverage?..and what
to use on the far end..transformers or just open/grounded connections?

                           73 Rys
                           SP5EWY