Re: Topband: two wires Beverage

To: "Jacques RAMBAUD" <f6bki@wanadoo.fr>
Subject: Re: Topband: two wires Beverage
From: dj2ya@t-online.de (Ulrich Weiss)
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 11:24:21 +0200
hello Jacques,

we did the same tests at the same time with quite similar results... I did
not use transformers but measured at half-wavelengths... your slightly
better figures may be due to the fact that my test specimen had been exposed
to the weather for a long time (the strands were oxidized and difficult to
solder and the coating not free from dirt)....

> Can somebody tell me what are the typical losses of the called 450 ohms
> ladder line sold for example at the Wireman ??
> what about a two wires home made line ?

you can find an interesting article on ladder line by N7WS in the Web
http://www.vaxxine.com/phil/downloads.htm ... according to that the loss of
(any) ladder line should be definitely less than 0.1 db/100 ft on 1.8 MHz...
the loss of open wire line should be totally negligible...

if anybody knows a good method to untwist the wires, please let me know...

regards

Uli, DJ2YA