Re: Topband: Adding radials, a question

To: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>,"Richard Detweiler" <rdetweil@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Adding radials, a question
From: "Bob Tellefsen" <n6wg@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 08:29:44 -0700
Tom commented  "There also was a claim radials only need to be about as long
as the antenna. That's not quite true either. The shorter the antenna the
more important it is to have a large number of long radials."

Last night I read a paper presented at Dayton by Rudy Severns, N6LF.
It is titled "Vertical Antenna Ground Systems At HF", and very clearly shows
this effect.  Very interesting reading.  If you are interested in reading
it, it can
be found at
www.kkn.net/dayton2004/HF_vertical_ground_system_design_N6LF_Dayton.pdf

The URL is kinda long, so I tried to get it all on one line.
73, Bob N6WG