Topband: Beverage ends: taper down or not?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Beverage ends: taper down or not?
From: "Mike Bragassa" <bragassa@consolidated.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 09:39:09 -0500
Recently I saw some comments, referenced particularly to two wire Beverages and
about not tapering the last 60 feet or so to ground at each end. I thought I
read something also, that a single wire beverage does not need to be tapered
down at the ends. I always thought that they must taper down.

Which is correct for a single wire Beverage?

I have heck with deer tearing down my feed-end taper it seems like everyday. It
must be right across their trail even thought it is mowed grass?

Thanks in advance for any/all comments.

Mike Bragassa, K5UO