Re: Topband: deep QSB on 160 in EU too

To: "Dr .Wolf Ostwald" <df2py@t-online.de>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: deep QSB on 160 in EU too
From: Larry Molitor <w7iuv@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 12:52:05 -0700 (PDT)
Wolf and everyone,

Last night was very unsettled. Wolf was the only EU I could hear after almost a
week straight of hearing several EU's every night. It was also the first time
this season I noticed skew path with the 80° Beverage slightly better than the
45° Beverage. I tried to time my calls to DF2PY to use the QSB, but it was just
too erratic with Wolf disappearing for several minutes at a time. Besides, I
usually hear better than I can be heard!

This morning was about the same when I got up about 2 hours before my sunrise.
Heard only a couple of JA's, very weak and lots of QSB. Even the ZL digi's were
in and out of the noise. Wish I knew the VK9L was going to be on at 3AM my
time, I would have given up yet another nights sleep!

73,

Larry - W7IUV