Re: Topband: B.O.G. vs. regular beverage

To: "Chuck Dietz" <w5pr@swbell.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: B.O.G. vs. regular beverage
From: "D Andersen" <w7dddd@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 18:58:54 -0700
Hi Chuck,

I have tried a Beverage on the ground and found that the gain was to low for
use without a pre-amp.  I elevated it 1 inch and the gain was almost as good
as 10 feet and no pre-amp was needed.  I still use this antenna 1 inch high.
The velocity factor is changed so the Beverage produces a pattern as if it
was longer.  Another advantage is that it does not receive terrestrial noise
very well.

73's,
Don, w7dd