Re: Topband: TX9 will QRT Wednesday

To: W5UN <w5un@wt.net>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: TX9 will QRT Wednesday
From: Jon Zaimes AA1K <jz73@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 14:33:14 -0400
The band also has been noisey here every day since. But this morning it started
to quiet about 30 minutes before our sunrise, which was 1117z today. We had
great hopes, but KH6ZM was the only signal heard but much weaker than Max has
been the past few days, even through the QRN then. A few minutes after 11z TX9
announced on 40 meters that he was going to 160. The band by then was as quiet
as it was last Saturday, but unfortunately the conditions did not repeat, and
TX9 went back to 40 meters after just a few fruitless minutes. They tried again
around 1145z -- well past our sunrise -- and again left after a few minutes
without any QSOs, back to 40 CW.

73/Jon AA1K