Topband: Boring report - HA5JI into USA west coast

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Boring report - HA5JI into USA west coast
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 13:03:21 -0500
Last night - HA5JI obtained beacon status by producing a signal into Oregon
on and off for nearly two hours.  Gyuri was first heard around 0200Z and
was peaking 559.  About an hour later, he was peaking better and was best
around 0330Z before he started to disappear around 0350Z.

Very nice to hear an opening like this in October - a sure sign of better
things to come this winter.

Probably the most interesting thing about this opening is that no other
European signals were hear during this two hour period.  I did see N7DD
worked UA6LV, but not a peep here.

Also - HL3IUA has been showing up in the mornings and was easy to work
the first time I heard him.  Seems to be active around 12-13z around
1824 kHz.

73 Tree N6TR/7
tree@kkn.net