Topband: Beverages with very thin wire

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Beverages with very thin wire
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 19:21:45 -0800
Does anyone have any experience using very thin wire for a beverage?

I used some wire that is very interesting - it is moslty rope on
the inside, but it has a strand of what appears to be something
like 37 AWG wire (just over 4 mils in width).  I figure there is
something like 400 Ohms of resistance over the length of the
beverage (about 700 feet long).  Not sure how that should affect
the performance or the termination resistor.

Tree N6TR
tree@kkn.net