RE: Topband: 9N7BCC Update

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: RE: Topband: 9N7BCC Update
From: W5UN <w5un@wt.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 20:28:57 +0000
At 18:25 11/22/2004 +0100, you wrote:

>>Nothing from US this morning, but we were spotted by W8JI and WE1USA. We
>had
>>a good run
>>of EUs in the morning and added about another 100 QSOs to 160 so the total
>>is now 276.
>>Last QSO this morning was G3PQA 0043z.
>>

>It appears that with the noiselevell they have, I have found that unless
>their sigs are 599 here
>it is a waste of time calling.(  also on 80 )  Made  it at 0042 UTC !
>almost the last !!!  hi
>
>73  Rag LA5HE

Rag is most certainly correct. I have listened to them on 80 meter long
path here near sunrise, and have heard no US stations get through, despite
many big guns calling. The few west coast stations they worked on 80 was
long after sunrise here in the central part of the country. I have not
heard them at all on the 80 meter short path, but have heard the pile
calling them from Europe (and a few brave east coast stations). I suspect
160 QSO's from the central part of USA will qualify as genuine miracles.

73, Dave - W5UN                                         w5un@wt.net

homepage: http://web.wt.net/~w5un    Grid: EM23mg

RR 10, Box 27
Mount Pleasant, TX 75455