RE: Topband: Yaesu Key clicks

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: Topband: Yaesu Key clicks
From: "John Langridge KB5NJD" <kb5njd@netzero.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 17:13:55 -0600
>How many guys on this list have had one Q per month on 160 that
>wasn't related to a contest or DX chasing?  I did some antenna
>work in the spring that I hope will improve my signal on 160, and
>I've spent time there, unsuccessfully looking for signal reports.
>Sadly, I've had to wait for a contest to get them.

Jim:

Where do you operate on 160 CW? I hear loads of guys below 1820 calling CQ
and working other stations almost every night from my penny-whistle station
here in North Texas.  In fact, several times a week I call CQ for anyone who
will listen around 1819.35 and generally work 2 - 3 stations each time I do
so.. There are also several groups and round tables, located sporatically
all the way down to the bottom of the band.

Regards,

John KB5NJD