Re: Fw: Topband: ARRL-160 viewed frm EU

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Fw: Topband: ARRL-160 viewed frm EU
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 15:39:08 -0600
On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 22:37:51 +0200, Ilmo Anttila wrote:

>Looks like receiving conditions in general vary very much between stations
>in NA.

Yes. There was a lot of QRM (lots of stations in the contest), many of us have
lots
of noise (same problem that some of the DXpeditions are having now), and no
land to construct receive antennas (Beverage).

Much of our noise is from electronic equipment in nearby homes. Our FCC is
extremely lax about this -- the regulations are weak and the enforcement is
worse.
You are lucky in Europe to have the EMC directive in force. My Volvo is much
quieter than most US-made cars.

Jim Brown  K9YC