Re: Topband: HS72B

To: Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: HS72B
From: Roger Parsons <ve3zi@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 19:52:32 +0000 (GMT)
I am also convinced that a low dipole is sometimes the
best receive antenna - and not only in the tropics.
During periods of high geomagnetic absorption, and at
some other times, I hear best on a low dipole. That
was the case during the first night of CQWW CW this
year. At these times, the directivity of the beverages
is generally poor. (Unfortunately, my transmitted
signal is usually attenuated at the same time and
hearing the DX doesn't much help.)

The definite, irrefutable, scientific, reason for this
is that absorption, like QRN and most other nasty
things, is sent from below, and an antenna capable of
receiving the good things from above becomes
necessary...

73 Roger
VE3ZI