Topband: electric fence wire

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: electric fence wire
From: "Paul DeWitte K9OT" <k9ot@mhtc.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 15:00:46 -0000
The electric fence tape that we can buy here locally is some kind of ribbon
with wire woven into it.
The wire is stainless steel. very small diameter and I think prone to breakage.
It is used here for the guys that want to move their fence regularly for
rotational grazing and wind it up on a reel and then unwind it again in the new
spot.
Without being any kind of expert on this I would guess it has much higher
rsistance than aluminum wire.  I think that it is also more expensive than
aluminum wire.

73 Paul K9OT