Re: Topband: Topband T-Vertikal for ZK1Expedition

To: "Magnus A" <sm6wet@telia.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Topband T-Vertikal for ZK1Expedition
From: "George & Marijke Guerin" <gmguerin@voyager.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 17:52:38 -0500
Magnus, et. al,

Just put up an inverted L over many radials. The total length of wire should be 0.25 wavelength (39 - 40 meters). Go as high as you can with a rope over a tree with an insulator to pass the wire through and then tie off the rope and take the rest of the wire to another tree with an insulator and rope at the end of the wire.
With 30 radial wires about 20 meters long each, the feed point impedance will be about 22 ohms, so take an L-net tuner or a 9:4 UnUn or transformer to feed it with 50 ohm coaxial cable. The tuner can be at the radio or the antenna feed point. It does not matter much. If you put an 80 meter trap at 20 meters, and shorten the wire about 4-5 meters, you can use it on both 80 & 160.

I have trap information if you need it.

73 Good luck George K8GG

----- Original Message ----- From: "Magnus A" <sm6wet@telia.com>