Re: Topband: The "Contest" this past weekend

To: "Jon Zaimes AA1K" <jz73@verizon.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: The "Contest" this past weekend
From: "M. van Wijk" <pa5mw@home.nl>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 20:30:12 +0100
> I worked 72 DX stations in the contest, including 44 Europeans (mostly G,
DL, F, I, PA, OZ, OK, OE, SP -- no Russians), .3 Africans (CN, EA8, EA9),
one KH7 and one LU.

Hello John,

I worked you at the end of our gray line window. I had just disconnected the
seperate 160 amp setup, when you popped out of the moise. And since we
needed the DE mult anyway, I reconnected the whole topband setup again.
There was a G, DL, I and OK station calling at the same time. Hope you wkd
them all.
My shift during the 2nd night at PI4TUE was  meant to be only a few hours
after midnight just to catch a few mults on topband and then the next op
would start around noon on sunday. But condx were horrible indeed, and I
decided to take 30 min naps (using one table and two chairs) and check for
any opening in between, really desperate for at least some QSO's.
We ended up with a total of 17 wkd US and 2 VE stations (10 mults) finally.

'73

Mark, PA5MW  (@PI4TUE)