Topband: dx

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: dx
From: W7lr@aol.com
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 12:55:29 EST
Many interesting reports lately on topband conditions and if the season is
over?

Most of the season occurred during a few evenings in late October.  There
have been a few mini openings since when staying up late enough for those.
Last
evening was one example.
Heard SV3RF and worked S50U DL1AUZ and I2BBJ.  This morning JH1GVY - 559 with
lots of unusual QRN but the only dx on the band.  Previous mornings tried to
hear V85NL but nothing on 160, although good on 80.  With DU9/N0NM one morning
at sunrise he was s9, usually s5 or so, and a qso before he faded very fast
in just a few minutes.  Some mornings the
JA are s9 or over, and other mornings nothing.  One evening when the noise
was very low, below s1, I heard 9K2MU but not loud enough to try.  Haven't been
able to hear SV5.

So like Larry W7IUV I hope to leave the short Beverages (one 370' and another
500') up a bit longer, before the horses take over their pasture.

So the season is not over yet.  Two new ones this season, 9H and 5T5.

73 Bob W7LR