Re: Topband: Broadband vertical

To: barrie@centric.net
Subject: Re: Topband: Broadband vertical
From: "Howard Klein" <howk2@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 21:02:47 +0000
A question occurs about how much of the 160 meter band can be covered when
shunt-feeding.
Is it possible to design a matching unit (perhaps a bit complex) that will
cover most of the band (possibly augmented with an in-shack antenna tuner)?
Barrie, W7ALW

Using a gamma match with an 80 ft tower and a couple of booms (I retract the
elements on a stack of SteppIRs)  I am able to cover about 60khz, 30 khz
each side of my sweet spot. When I need to move further I switch in a match
box which allows me an additional 40 khz.
Howard..K2HK