Topband: Dxpedition Vertical ??

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Dxpedition Vertical ??
From: "Josh" <xppq@ispwest.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 06:14:01 -0700
I would like to ask the Top Band Group -
tap into the Top Band BRAIN TRUST .

Given a small one or two man DXpedition
to a tree-less location ,  what vertical antenna
would be serviceable to install ?  Not too
difficult to transport , and survive big winds?

top loaded, bottom loaded vertical say
40 ft tall ?  Any ideas for ULTRA lightness?

Any ideas on designs ?   I really like the
design Gary Breed put together - basically
two inverted Ls with 48 ft mast ( bottom metal
tubing, top fiberglass sections ) - this is dual
band 160/ 80 and given radials OR salt water
will do well on TX.  It breaks down pretty
well .

Any feedback would be useful -

One destination might be a very WINDY
zone 2 install .

Josh N7XM    high desert of Northern Nevada