Re: Topband: Transceivers

To: <Topband@contesting.com>, "Ralf" <dl3jj@arcor.de>
Subject: Re: Topband: Transceivers
From: "john battin" <jbattin@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 11:42:07 -0500
  From: Ralf<mailto:dl3jj@arcor.de>
  To: Topband@contesting.com<mailto:Topband@contesting.com>
  Sent: Saturday, June 18, 2005 4:13 PM
  Subject: Topband: Transceivers

  Hallo and best regards from here !

  I have an IC756 - very gd radio ! But he is in the ages now and shows some
mirrors sometimes.
  After checking the possible equipment (IC7800 is impossible for me ) I was
frustrated.
  Most of transceivers use only DSP to get usable results.

  Now I´m in crisis : Which Transceiver should be used in the shack for  the
lowbands ?
                             All bands over 14MHZ are VHF for me. Im not so
interested in contests but need gd rx for pile up on low bands.

                             The really need is a LOW NOISE RX FOR DETECTING
WEAK SIGNALS ON LOW BAND !

  Now I think about K2 specialiced for CW only, FT1000MarkV (but has noisy rx)
or Ten Tec Orion ( dont know the rx ! )

  What do you think about this choice !

  Can you help me with experiance ?

  73 Ralf / DL3JJ
  _

  Probably the most important question is whether you are bothered by
local/very very high signal level interference. Does your current radio often
fold-up in the presence of interference on 80 and 160??_

  Topband mailing list
  Topband@contesting.com<mailto:Topband@contesting.com>