Topband: TOP BAND INTRUDERS

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: TOP BAND INTRUDERS
From: "wa4fki" <wa4fki@nc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 13:13:21 -0400
Good Afternoon Everyone,

I am the IARU Region 2 MS Coordinator. Please help remove this INTRUDER. We
need your help to gather information so the station/stations can be moved off
the TOP BAND. Please do the following.

1.) Keep a log in GMT
2.) Make a WAVE file
3.) If possible determind approximate direction of the
     INTRUDER from your station (when reporting send
     your GRID LOCATION)
4.) Indicate if the station was heard on sun rise or sun
     set or all day?
5.) Please measure the frequency as accurately
     as possible.
6.) Equally important, measure the band width in kHz         of the station

NOTE: send a graphic presentation is not good to analyze. Down load a copy of
Gram 50, it seems the best tool to analyze the signal. This program is free, if
you cannot find it Email me and I will send you a copy.

When recording the signal use the broadest IF you can no filters in circuit
also do not use the ANL. Gram 50 will allow you to visually see what you are
recording.

All that said please forward the information to
Chuck Skolaut K0BOC at ARRL or to me wa4fki@nc.rr.com please keep in contact.

William Zellers
WA4FKI
Region 2 MC Coordinator