Topband: J3A 160m CQWW SSB

To: "'Topband'" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: J3A 160m CQWW SSB
From: "Phil Krichbaum" <pfkski@vail.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 08:19:08 -0600
        J3A will be a multiop for CQWW SSB using a Cushcraft 8040 vertical
modified
for 160m and a couple of pennants for RX. If time permits we may try another
xmit antenna. We could be on the air as soon as Oct 26 and fly home Nov 2.
We have applied for J3 calls but may be operating J3/home calls outside the
contest. Operators AC8G, N0VD, J37LR (VE3EBN), W8QZA/6 and N0KE. We do hope
to try 160 ASAP to check out the 8040 performance. Sunrise 0958z and Sunset
2145z. We will spend some time on CW and maybe RTTY (probably not RTTY on
160). Let us hope the recent great 160m condx continue. Last November from
TI5N we worked SM4DAN with 1.5w one night on 160 and a very solid QSO. We
will be running QRO this time!
        73 Phil Krichbaum N0KE