Re: Topband: OCTOBER 24 The BAND is JUMPING to EU !!!

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: OCTOBER 24 The BAND is JUMPING to EU !!!
From: W0AH@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:29:28 EDT
Josh and topbanders,
  Exactly right.  And some western stations like K7CA have  amazing receive
capability. There was 10-20db of QSB last night on the European  path from
Colorado, especially, later in the opening.  Some contacts were  incomplete
because either the two stations in QSO were not patient enough or  others
waiting to
call the DX were not patient enough.  I had recently  gotten back from a
month-long trip and just yesterday morning had picked up  a repaired JRC amp
(2x
3-500Z at 1000 watts out) so last night was my first  opening of the season, 22
Europeans worked, which equals the most ever in an EU  opening.  Nothing from
Russia or Asia copied here, unlike the very good  Russian opening a year ago
in October.  Now that so many big guns in the  U.S. have worked so many in
Europe, we can transmit less, be more patient,  and "dig a little bit deeper"
in
coming openings.  And good luck to the  little pistols.  This is coming to be
"your season."
Doug W0AH  Woodland Park CO
100' shunt fed tower and 1000 watts