Topband: Condx

To: "Topband Reflector" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Condx
From: "Greg - ZL3IX" <zl3ix@inet.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 06:50:13 +1300
Over the past week I could tell that something had improved propagation
wise, as the long path to G has been consistently mediocre, rather than bad.
There have been no real fireworks, though.

I guess the KL7-Eu path, although needing very low auroral activity, is not
that long, and guys can work each other with "normal" ground-F layer
propagation.  In ZL, being so far from anywhere, we probably benefit greatly
from ducting, and I don't think there has been much of that.  In particular
the terrestrial Wx has given us a high pressure system for the last few
days, and I understand that those are not good for providing entry/exit
points into the duct.  I also understand that a fair solar flux level is
needed for a duct to form, and that hasn't been the case recently - 75.

Result - once again we read the glowing prop reports with envy!

73, Greg, ZL3IX