Re: Topband: An Admission

To: "Topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: An Admission
From: "Alan Downing" <alan.downing@homecall.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 09:07:32 -0000
Hello Gents

Paul wrote.
> There are those who seem to feel the internet and spotting shouldn't
> be used at all. Clearly QSOs assisted by passing of reports via
> other means *can be* over the line if it's for a first-time QSO and
> a QSL will be sought. If it's between stations who have worked each
> other many times and is purely for informational purposes, I don't
> have a problem with it.

My feeling is " It matters Not "  "over the line if it's for a first-time
QSO "  No
Its what you want to get out of the hobby.
I have replied to recieved Qsl cards over many years. I have if requested
been available to attempt a qso. Having never arranged a qso by
mail, phone or word of mouth. I would not like to go back to the
dark ages in 1970 where a lot more effort was put in to work 30 countries
on 160 over a five year period.

Regards to All

Alan
G3ZES