Re: Topband: Dirty Harry and the DX window

To: "Topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Dirty Harry and the DX window
From: "Pat Collins N8VW" <n8vw@linuxcolumbus.com>
Date: 11 Dec 2005 17:07:43 -0500
On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 09:06:10 -0500, "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com> wrote :

> If people want a contest that encourages DX, then let's make
> a new contest like the Stew Perry and add a restriction that
> only contacts over 3000 miles count. Use the distance from
> Boston to LA as a guideline. That's stop Europe to Europe
> and USA to USA and prevent people from parking just outside
> a border to an area rich in multipliers and contacts.

(I expect this post to be moderated, but here goes with tongue firmly in cheek.)

And we could call it the PEI 160 QSO Party since the US midwest would have
better things to do that weekend.

How about we do something to reward all the stations who can't run EU all
night instead of proposing unworkable rules like this.  After all, VK6VZ
probably works harder to make the qso's he does then VY2ZM does.

Pat N8VW