Re: Topband: HB0/DL2OBO QRV from 2. - 7.January 2006

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: HB0/DL2OBO QRV from 2. - 7.January 2006
From: "Peter Voelpel" <df3kv@t-online.de>(by way of Bill Tippett<btippett@alum.mit.edu>)
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 07:43:53 -0500
I met Tom last night on 80m and he just phoned me.
He is having trouble with the antenna relay in his linear,
he has to knock on it to get it released for receive.
I suggested to check the diode but he  has no replace
anyway and a trip downtown will take him at least 3 hours one way.
He will now try to install his K9AY loop instead to make use of his external
rx input, but that might be a nightmare for him at more then one meter of
snow on the ground.
So please be patient with his his listening if he not quickly returns on
calls.

He will be qrv at 21:30 this evening for Japan.
Japan will be difficult for him as well as there are high hills in that
direction,
he is using a almost vertical fullsize loop on this band

73
Peter, DF3KV