Re: Topband: Temporary radial question.

To: f5vhn@yahoo.com, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Temporary radial question.
From: W2pm@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 10:31:48 EST

In a message dated 1/23/2006 10:17:45 AM Eastern Standard Time,
f5vhn@yahoo.com writes:

How  should I lay out my radials ?

Robert - one idea is to use the 100m lengths to make 2 radials more
efficiently than 2 independently ..  I've done that here.  Run the  radial from
the
antenna to end point, then put a stake at that point, then  another next to it
to run the remaining 50m back to the antenna. I cut the  common end points but
not sure that is necessary.  Not quite a 2 for 1  saving but a bit easier and
since you have these 100m lengths it may make  sense.  73 Pete W2PM