Topband: More Boring zone 22

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: More Boring zone 22
From: "Lee K7TJR" <k7tjr@pacifier.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 13:01:26 -0800
I got up a little earlier and listened starting at about1235 (4:30 AM our
time). It seemed as if there were Ja's calling everywhere with s-9 plus signals
working the east coast. It seemed to me the band was wide open then and faded
about 30 minutes later to more noise and less signal strength. I heard VQ9LA
calling CQ at about 1520 and copied his full call and CQ. Apparently not enough
horsepower to get back to him though. He faded and QRT fairly quickly after my
sunrise. 9N7JO was Q5 on 80 meters earlier with a fair amount of QRN but again
I was not able to be strong enough there as well.  I have new 1000 ft.
Beverages pointed to ZL and JA/UA for the contest and hope to do a lot better
job at hearing the stations that call in the CQ-160 from that direction. Come
to think of it I think I will get up early again tomorrow morning, I dont have
anything else to do, I think I am ready for the contest.
Retired Lee K7TJR Oregon