Topband: Jan 2006 CQ WW 160 Contest

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Jan 2006 CQ WW 160 Contest
From: "Dick and Adele Bingham" <binghamstehekin@starband.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 10:41:32 -0800
Greetings from northern central Washington

Well the contest is over and, for me,  it was a good one.
Finally, I was able to work JA's after trying hard all season.
80W didn't cut it so I bumped the power up to 100-plus
from the 756PRO and worked JA5DQH and JH4UYB.

On Sunday at 1616, HS0ZDJ was coming in at RST-439
but I didn't enter the fray knowing folks with  KW's were
having a hard time.

Working VY2ZM - PEI - was at treat and KV4FZ
managed to not hear my many calls even though he was
very readable here for hours. I guess that's why we all
enjoy 160-Meters - the challenges that low-power and
modest antennas presents.

Thanks to _all_ of you folks back on the East-coast and
those out in the Pacific with good ears!

73 - Dick - w7wkr CN98pi

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html