Topband: Interaction

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Interaction
From: "Clive GM3POI" <gm3poi2@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 15:37:54 -0000
I have an 80m 4SQ around my 160m Vertical and when I'm on 80 I short the 160
vertical to ground. I know that because my 160 vertical is top loaded that
the loading wires interact with the 80m 4SQ. Could I minimise that
interaction by base loading the 160m vertical to send it LF when on 80m.
Also making the top loading physically as small as possible should lower
interaction.
    I realise that the real answer is to either have a stand alone 4SQ or a
full size vertical on 160. Any ideas? 73 Clive GM3POI