Topband: HK3BVD

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: HK3BVD
From: gm4fam@tiscali.co.uk
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 06:45:21 +0000
Greetings guys

Have just received this e-mail from Mario HK3BVD - he has major RX problems
at his mid-city QTH, but the upcoming activity from his noise free country
QTH may make a few of you happy (me included!).

73 de CRIS
GM4FAM
hello cris i hpe to make qso with you next weekend, i will be on a father?s
in law farm where i have a big antenna, horizontal quad antenna with 500
mts perimeter (3 lambdas) for 160 mts, i will be transmiting on oct. 15th
and

16th from 00:30 to 6:30 utc on 160mts near 1.834 khz, i wil not have
internet neither cluster or chat on4kzt so pse rpt our qso on clusters. i
hope you tell your friends about this oportunity to contact with me.
pse qsl direct for more info on qrz.com
73

mario henao
hk3bvd
p.o.box 170100
Bogota, Colombia
South America

Hello cris, it is a pleausure to recieve ur mail with so good report,
tks fer be patient.
i have serius problems to receive, am broadcast stations induce on my
antenna 5 Vpp ( on 932khz), so i build a high pass filterbut i continue to
rcv qrm, i am in the middle of a big city (10 million people) so the man
made noise is very strong. I live in apartament building condo with 12
stores and 10 mts tower, so for me it is very dificult to make another
external antenna. i live on 7th floor.
The antenna that i use is middle arm loaded coil dipole, one arm is 33
mts long and the other one is  20 mts long with diferent load coil, it is
resonate at 1.83 mhz,i think the diference of length arms make me to have
problems at rcv.i use kenwood ts2000 and 300w linear amp.

i hpe to meet u soon 73

Mario Henao
Hk3bvd
p.o.box 170100
Bogota, Colombia
South america

Don't miss the Autumn Ideal Home Show at Earls Court, London, from the 6th-15th
October.
Book online now at http://www.autumnidealhomeshow.co.uk and get two tickets
for just £15.00!
Plus get great home and garden tips at