Topband: DX Engineering Receive Four Square

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: DX Engineering Receive Four Square
From: Doug Renwick <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 09:54:32 -0600
I have been testing my DX Engineering Receive Four Square
DXE-RFS-1P for the last few days.  The receiving results
range from significant to amazing.  I am very impressed with
the receiving improvement.  The front-back and front-side
results are great (I am not going to state numbers as there
are many factors).  My noise level has significantly
dropped.  I built the full size version (135 feet per side)
using four linear loaded elements from some old KLM 40m
beams with top loading, and from information on W8JIs
website and from N3JB.  I found the tuning of the verticals
to be 'forgiving' and the frequency coverage to be 'wide'.
I use a C&S Engineering 160/80 meter preamp.

Doug

Doug Renwick  VA5DX
PO Box 50, Clavet
Saskatchewan, Canada
S0K 0Y0
I'll run the race and I will never be the same again.

Date: 11/4/2006