Topband: Nite of dec 09 and also 3XM6JR on PSK.

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Nite of dec 09 and also 3XM6JR on PSK.
From: "Frank Davis" <fdavis@nfld.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 13:08:43 -0000
I thought I would post a few observations from this coast re last nite on 160M.

Around 03:30Z was just going of to bed after watching the ABC PRIMETIME show
about P5 land decided to check the band.

It was very quiet and first station heard was UT3MD on 1.832 ... in the log
2x599 at 03:40.  Down 5 Khz was Laci - OM2VL CQ'n but not strong. Called him
and he came back .  His sending was very fast and in the QSB missed his first
599 but got it 2nd time.  I called CQ on 1.825 and could hear stations calling
but couldn't copy... was called by K8SU 2x599.

At 0402 I called W7LR in MT for new state on Topband.  Had heard him previously
working several EUu stations ........so congrats to Bob on those QSO's.

At 0410 called RK6AXS who was quite good copy here but no answer after several
calles.  Also likewise on YU4EXY on 1820 at 0415 ... good signals here but he
didn't reply.

RA4LW in log at 0419  and UR5MID at 0423.   All signals were quite good and the
band was very quiet here.  I don't have the room here for beverages ..... so
always miss those guys calling who are just in the noise.   The band was going
strong when i swiched off at 0430 or 0100 am local.

On another note on Dec 01 I worked 3XM6JR on PSK31 on  1.843.  I had heard him
a few nites before on PSk but couldn't get my software working fast enogh to
catch him.  He called CQ several times before dissappearing.  On Dec 01 I
caught him on 20M and asked for a sched that nite.  Sure enough he was there on
PSK at 0355.  Also worked his buddy 3XZ2D a few minutes earlier on CW.   He
likes PSK and RTTY so if you can catch him on 20 or 15 he may agree to do a
sched. for 160M.

73
Frank VO1HP