Re: Topband: Core Mix Revisited

To: TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Core Mix Revisited
From: Greg - ZL3IX <zl3ix@inet.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 07:51:41 +1300
> To buy ferrites, see the distributor's section of the Fair-Rite website.
> But don't bother them with nickel and dime orders -- these are mostly
> industrial  distributors who want to see orders for hundreds quantities.
> Their prices tend to be much lower than Amidon, and the service much
> better.

When I was in the US on business in 2003, I decided to try and replenish
my stocks of ferrites.  I happened to be in the LA area, and just
checked on the Fair-Rite and Micrometals web sites to see where the
retailers were.  There were plenty.  I happened to choose one in Anaheim
called Lodestone Pacific.  They were very happy to supply me with small
quantities of mixed types from both manufacturers as long as the total
order was more than USD 25.  Service was friendly and helpful, and I
felt that I was a desired customer in spite of the fact that I was not
buying industrial quantities.

I am sure there are other distributors like them in other areas.

By the way, I thoroughly enjoyed the SP this year.  Prop was not great,
but not too bad either.  78 Q's before removing busts, 1749 points, and
longest distance covered was with UW2M for 33 points.

73 + HNY, Greg, ZL3IX