Re: Topband: Stew Perry TBDC changes being considered

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Stew Perry TBDC changes being considered
From: herbs@surfvi.com
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 15:54:25 -0400
Tree Wrote in Part

  Our target weekend would be the weekend before the CQ WW SSB contest -
  which might enable a few more DX stations to be on (arriving early before the
CQ WW SSB contest).> If the new date appears to be a winner - we might move
the whole event to that date starting in 2008. Are there any major issues with
that weekend?

Please bear in mind that for the entire Tropical Atlantic the hurricane season
does not end till December 1.  There is no bigger killer for good TB weak
signal reception than a Tropical Storm or Hurricane churing about across the
Caribbean.  With large thunderstorms extending out 300 miles from the center
the QRN is deafening and weak signals can not penatrate the layers of powerful
static.

On the other side, i.e, Feb and March are preferable especially for the long
haul stuff.

Thanks for your consideration.

73

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ