Topband: POWER_LINE_NOISE_DELEMMA_PRIVATE

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: POWER_LINE_NOISE_DELEMMA_PRIVATE
From: "George" <goofyham@highstream.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 07:11:30 -0500
I'm in a dilemma with power line noise. I called the power company and I told
them where to look and they said, "yep it's there", but, it's on private land.
It's a 4800 volt line running from the street to a home about 500 yards back. I
was told by the power company they can't do anything about it???
I was told that the power companies like to rid these leakages because it
represents a loss of power.
Has anyone else tackled this? What are my options? I have not contacted the
homeowner yet. Is the homeowner under the same constraints as the power
companies?
Thanks
George  W2YJ