Re: Topband: DX Window For Contest

To: philc@texascellnet.com, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: DX Window For Contest
From: Earl W Cunningham <k6se@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 18:06:32 -0800
Phil, K5PC wrote:

"Someone please post the DX Window frequencies for the contest tonight. I
don't care where it is, but we all need to know so that we can respect
it."
----------
The contest rules specify that the 1830-1835 kHz "DX window" is reserved
for intercontinental QSOs only.
==========

"It is surprising how many big gun regular participants violate the
window year after year; another bad practice is crowding the edges so
that only 3 clear KHZ are available for weak signal work."
The key click rigs are diminishing, but a few still remain to clobber the
DX window even though they're a kHz above or below it.  One big gun from
AZ cleaned up his clicky FT-1000MP, but this year his clicks are back
again in force.

"Many of us "search and pounce" operators who do not live on the East
Coast and have less than 200 countries confirmed would appreciate a clear
window this year."