Topband: Beverage In Woods

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Beverage In Woods
From: ABowenN4OO <abowen@nettally.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 07:02:10 -0800
I use about 600 ft of nylon line spooled on one of the large
extension cord spools available at the big hardware stores. I anchor
the spool, take a compass reading and head off into the woods,
looking back frequently to see that I am maintaining a straight line.

There will be times when a tree is not in the right place to support
the insulator and wire. I run a support line between 2 trees at the
height of the other supports and run the Beverage wire over the top.

I have also found that mounting the insulators to a small piece of
board material, then anchoring the board to the tree results in
longer life for the insulator. In this southern climate, the trees
tend to grow around the insulator in 2 or 3 years. Tree growth tends
to push the plastic insulators off the nail or screw holding them to
the tree. Mounting them on a board increases the lifetime.

INK N4OO
Sopchoppy, FL