Re: Topband: Beverage In Woods

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage In Woods
From: John Kaufmann <john.kaufmann@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 09:43:11 -0600 (CST)
ABowenN4OO wrote:
>I use about 600 ft of nylon line spooled on one of the large
>extension cord spools available at the big hardware stores. I anchor
>the spool, take a compass reading and head off into the woods,
>looking back frequently to see that I am maintaining a straight line.

Not only should you take a compass reading at the start of your run but you
should take the compass with you as you trek through the woods.  Check compass
headings from tree to tree. In some of the wooded areas where I've run
Beverages, you can lose visual sight of the Beverage wire after just 100 feet.

73, John W1FV